Associated Spring, a business of Barnes, has an exciting tool design opportunity. In this position, you will assist with tool modifications, design complex tooling and gauges, as well as working with the Operations and Engineering teams to troubleshoot tooling issues on the production floor. If you are a high-energy, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
This position reports to the Sr. Facilities Engineering Manager.
- Use hand drafting and CAD to design tooling and fixtures to meet the needs of the union (UAW) plant.
- Design blanking, form, piercing and progressive dies.
- Recommend and implement improvements to work methods and procedures.
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, pins and gauges to modify existing tooling for re-design or modification.
- Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives including 5-S, Lean and Zone Leadership programs.
- Work with Special Order leadership in the design of special tooling for new jobs, experimental runs and short run jobs.
- Design of fixtures, gauges and jigs.
- Responsible for selecting materials for the manufacture of tooling and designation of allowances.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and participate in Zone Leadership activities.
- Journeyman card or eight (8) years of experience
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately read calipers, micrometers, and various gauges.
- Willingness to join the union (UAW) after 90 day introductory period
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate degree or technical school
- Hand drafting, AutoCAD proficiency. Solid Works helpful.