Barnes Industrial’s Engineered Components Corry Division is seeking an experienced Senior Buyer to join its team as the business looks to achieve its business goals and objectives for short and long-term profitable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of achievement and working on collaborative teams to bring about results. He or she will be a team player and help drive cost savings initiatives, process improvements, and engage Planning personnel to champion change initiatives. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced business environment, please submit your credentials for consideration.
- Provide leadership to less experienced Buyers.
- Participate in establishing goals for the department.
- Maintain open and regular communications with the sales force on the status of orders.
- Collaborate with corporate supply chain team to achieve shared metrics.
- Lead annual physical inventory of raw materials, finished goods and WIP.
- Provide input to and work directly with Marketing and Supply Chain leadership in developing vendors.
- Review division’s needs and employ blanket orders, contracts, planned purchases or other appropriate methods to most effectively provide for the procurement of goods/services to support the division’s operations.
- Coordinate activity with vendors/suppliers to ensure that sufficient raw materials and MRO items are available.
- Process purchase order requests and issue purchase orders to requestors.
- Strategize and establish buying plans to obtain optimal quality goods and services for the lowest possible cost.
- Track and analyze vendor/supplier performance for quality, on-time delivery, and cost. Research and recommend alternatives as appropriate.
- Coordinate with finance and other departments (internally and externally), to obtain appropriate information necessary in completing required audits.
- Assist PIC Manager and other Planning department team members with monthly/annual projects as needed.
- Prior purchasing experience in manufacturing, Automotive supplier experience preferred.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong skills in written/verbal communication, organizational ability, and proven analytical and project management skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving ability; good business judgment and instincts
- High ethical standards, personal integrity, and attention to compliance risks
- Self-starter, result-oriented, with high level of energy and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills — ability to quickly establish credibility and trust, and work effectively across multiple functional areas
- Strong skills in MS Office software with expertise in Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint are preferred. Proficiency with JBA or other AS-400 based MRP/ERP.
- High school diploma/GED. Associate or bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or materials planning preferred.
- Five or more years’ worth of experience in Purchasing in a manufacturing environment.