Barnes has an exciting opportunity for individuals that are seeking learning opportunities and growth in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will work collaboratively other members of the General Labor Pool and Setup Leader. If you are a high-energy, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
- Operate a variety of presses to assemble components including manual kick presses, semi-automatic presses and heat set presses.
- Maintain accurate process check paperwork and perform periodic quality inspections on a variety of components.
- Conduct sorting/inspection of production parts.
- Accurately package and/or palletize parts to customers’ specifications.
- Use manual and powered pallet jacks to move product cartons and pallets to the finished goods area.
- Follow all safety policies and proactively identify potential safety concerns.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and share information, knowledge, and expertise with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well with others with limited supervision
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- GED or high school diploma preferred.
- Willingness to join the union after a 90-day introductory period.
- Flexible availability-position could be on 1st or 2nd shift after initial training period.